Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Decisions, decisions

My neighbor stores his boat just over the fence in his backyard for the winter. I live in New England. The non-boating season is LLLOOONNNNGGGG. As you can see, despite it being nearly Memorial Day the boat is still there.

It could be worse. It could be a rusted out old heap of a car... But I'd still rather not have it as the focal point of my backyard view.

To the left I have a very nice Physocarpus (Ninebark, Diablo) and to the right I have a large clump of Forsythia and during late summer I have a gorgeous Buddleia (Evil Ways) but there is a gap in my hedgerow and I've been trying to decide what to do.

Perhaps a nice, large Hydrangea paniculata or Hydrangea quercifolia would improve the spring view. 

Then again I have a male holly (Blue Prince) that I need to relocate that would fit nicely and block the view in a few years. The problem with that? Well.... Right now it's covered in native pollinators (read: bees) and it would be awfully close to the boat and my neighbor likes to spend lots of time "working" on his boat.... If he was friendly I could talk to him about it. He's not. He's... aloof [what a nice way to say that, huh?].

Decisions, decision....

No comments:

Post a Comment