Thursday, October 21, 2010

I give up...

I can't deny it anymore.  Summer is gone.  Over with.  The garden is progressing into the quiet of the winter garden.  The season when I focus on houseplants (indoor gardening) and planning and plotting (where can I expand my gardens next spring?).

I did not manage to get all my basil harvested before it got cold damaged.  


These tomatoes will never ripen on the vine.


My Desert Rose (Adenium obesum) will not bloom this year.  Actually I left it outside so late I'm not sure it will survive.  I brought it in today and soon it will drop all its leaves and go into dormancy until Spring.  Good thing that I like the shape of this plant since I didn't get any blooms off it this summer.


But gardening season is not over.  My bulbs from Brent and Becky's are on the delivery truck to be delivered today!  I'll add those to the bag in the garage and I have a busy gardening weekend coming up.



And there are still a few blooms to enjoy before it's time to hibernate.

No comments:

Post a Comment