Saturday, April 3, 2010

SPRING!

Today was the first really great weekend day of SPRING and The Husband and I spent all day out in the garden.  We built a raised veggie bed (more soon), tidied some stuff up, brought out the patio furniture, dusted off the bikes and started to get them ready for riding...  Whew.  I'm tired just typing about it.  So instead of trying to think up my typical pithy, thought-provoking comments I thought I'd just present some photos taking in the garden today.

Mexican Feather Grass (Stipa tenuissima) - it survived!  It's not supposed to be hardy in this zone but I put it in a "warm" microclimate and it has come back nicely.  I need to get a few more.

 Curly Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) This is the second year for my parsley.  They are a biennial plant so this year they will get leggy and bloom and if I let them go to seed next year I might get some volunteer plants.

Labrador Violet (Viola labradorica)

 Bleeding Heart (Dicentra spectabilis)

 Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate' and grass weed (that grass is no longer there)

 Denver Gold Columbine (Aquilegia chrysantha)

Garden Glow Dogwood (Cornus hesseyii)

Can you tell I was messing with my camera today?  I even pulled out the macro lens adapter and the tripod.  I'm sure the neighbors think I'm crazy for laying down on the sidewalk to get just the right angle in the photograph.  Then again I have turned half of my front yard into a garden rather then a lawn so I'm sure those sorts of thoughts are nothing new.  Gotta go now.  The outdoors beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment