Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

April 15 that most look forward to day of the month.  No, not tax day (that would be the most dreaded day for those of you who procrastinate too much), it's GARDEN BLOGGERS BLOOM DAY.

Up first is an interesting Daffodil I got from Brent and Becky's called Trepolo.


Lots of Pansies.  These are some of this years plantings.


Pansies and viola.  These pansies I planted last fall and the viola were from last spring.


I have several types of Columbine.  This is Aqueligia canadensis Little Lantern that is planted in a warm spot.  My other A. canadensis have buds but no blooms today.  Maybe in a few more days.


This is a Labrador violet (Viola labradorica).  Lot of plants in the viola genus are in bloom right now.


This is Epimedium grandiflorum Orion.  We started buying Epimedium when The Husband heard a local name for the plant- Horny Goat Weed.  How can you resist growing something with a name like that?  Ok so technically it's still in bud in this pictures but I enjoy writing Horny Goat Weed.


Here's my Brunnera macrophylla 'Jack Frost.'  This is a blogalong plant.  I read about it on a blog site and just had to try it.  For me the jury is still out. 


Not shown:  Quite a lot actually.  I received my Bluestone Perennials order on Tuesday so I was busy, busy, busy planting yesterday (and will be again today) and forgot to take pictures.  Several of my plants won't open till afternoon so I'd like to say I'll post them later but we all know that I will get my hands in the dirt and forget all about grabbing the camera.  Not shown are Tulip humilis 'Odalisque', Pieris japonica previousgardenerii, Epimedium grandifolium sulphereum, Grape hyacinths, snowdrops and my Blue Something Hollies.


Since I'm starting to have outdoor blooms I'm not picturing indoor blooms but in case you were wondering here's the list:  Phalenopsis orchids, Begonia, Primrose, African Violet (more violets!), Cylcamen, and Streptocarpus.

Whew.  How exciting. 

Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for this meme.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blooms! I'm a fan of the happy faces of pansies! I understand not picturing inside blooms at this time, but I'd love to see your African Violets and orchids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Trepelo before, very pretty daff!

    ReplyDelete