Thursday, January 6, 2011

New, new, new

It's a New Year.  I'm starting a New Job.  Well, ok, so I'm going from part time to full time at the college where I teach but it does mean a New Office.  Well, ok, a desk in an office.  But it's still a New Space for me.  And we all know what that means.

New Plants!

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to take it to work.  It's not a great location, not near a window, so whatever I bring in will have to thrive (or at least limp along) in artificial lighting.  The air will be dry.  I have no idea what the temperature range will be.


I could just bring in a series of annuals like Cyclamen.  Bring them in, let them bloom for a while, then replace them.

Spider plants are always popular but they just look so much better with good lighting.  Then again I have two pots of them by the kitchen sink that need homes so free plants and placement for plants that are currently being nibbled on by cats WHO AREN'T ALLOWED ON THE COUNTERS DAMMIT!

Maybe something in the philodendron family.  But I'm not sure I want something vining.  It might drape all over the shelving and get tangled up in the textbooks.

Regardless of what I decide, studies have shown that people are less stressed and more productive if they can see greenery.  Who am I to argue? [usually the first in line but this time the theory supports my desire to have at least one office plant]

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

1 comment: