Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In Progress

Today is my one year blogiversery.

[throws confetti]

[ok, who's going to sweep up the confetti?  What?  No volunteers?  I have to do everything around here, don't I?  Grumble.  I got the confetti.  I threw the confetti and now I get to sweep up the confetti.  Who knew a blogiversery would be so much work?]

Last year, my first post, I showed my house as it was before I started to garden.


Now it looks like this.  


It's good to go back and see the progress I've made.  It's so easy for me to see what needs to be done.  That section that needs to fill in, those shrubs that are too large for their spot, the annuals that are done with for the year but I haven't done anything with...


But stopping and  looking back allows me to see where I have made progress.  Like this view into the side yard.


To celebrate my one year blogiversery, my second summer in this new house, in this new zone, in this new climate!  I put down my roots and hung my heron sculpture.  I guess I'm here to stay (for a while at least). 



3 comments:

  1. Woot! What a fantastic change you've made to that once-boring yard. What do your (non-spy) neighbors have to say about your garden? How did you fare through the drought?

    I love the heron! Where did you get it?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my (non-spy, that I know of) neighbors enjoy the garden. It's fun to have people stopping to admire it all the time (I work a lot at home and sit facing out a window so I get to watch them). Struggling through the drought. I've lost a few things. I hope that Saturday's rain is the start of a new weather pattern!

    Oh, the heron? I made it (she says with false modesty). I wish I had access to metalworking equipment again - it was a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it??!! Wow, yet another gardener artist! I just "met" another one of us here: http://www.redwombatstudio.com/garden/ . I haven't made any art to speak of since having my son, but I like to think of my yard as my current project.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete