Friday, May 15, 2015

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - May 2015

What a relief. A long, hard, snowy winter, even by New England standards, a challenging semester at work and now, finally, it's spring like weather and summer break (I love being a lecturing professor!) and my garden is full of blooms. Here's a sampling.







 All these irises are from Rainbow Iris Farm
Want something out of the ordinary? This is the place to go.
I wish I had room for more...












Guess which bulb got in the wrong bag...


Very fragrant Viburnum - can you smell it from there?



Some annuals. I have a lot of pots around the yard that I fill with annuals. These are just a sample.



And my volunteers. The "wild" violets that I allow to grow as a cheerful ground cover.



Thanks to Carol at May Dreams for this meme.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially like the Irises and Tulips
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The golden and the white iris are really standouts -- somewhat unusual and would look great with my tulips. i assume these are the shorter type.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Diana...so much blooming in your garden and those irises are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your tulip combinations! I contemplate Tulip planting for months! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete