Monday, July 13, 2009

In the Begining




I recently moved to a new house where the yard was professionally landscaped and the landscape was professionally managed. Professional landscaping can be aesthetically appealing in the same way minimalistic decor can be appealing inside a house. I like the way it looks, it just doesn't work for the way I live. So I have set out to change the yard from landscape to garden. The yard is a blank slate, waiting to be written upon.

Since I moved to Boston's North Shore from the South I knew I'd have to start over with learning how to garden. First there was the snow. Then the soil type (sandy loam here, loamy clay in the South). Then the climate, mild here, hot and humid in the South. So I'm learning.

This is the year of experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment