Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And now for something completely different...

The weather has turned shockingly balmy lately so I got the gardening itch.  It's too early to do much in the garden so I pulled the pots out of the basement and went looking for pansies.

New Englanders seem to think it's still too early for pansies (while I know they can survive the winters up here and bloom early in the spring IF you can find them in the fall - it's heat that kills them).  I found a few pansies at a Big Box Retailer. 

But I also saw something different.


"Heathers" [Erica sp]

I've seen these for sale every spring but I've never picked them up.  This year I've noticed them in at least two yards.  Blooming.  Already.

So I decided to put them in the pots for spring color.  I'll move them into the ground later in the year.

Real Gardeners are willing to try something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment