Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA/ PIPA

You may notice that many of your favorite websites are dark today.  I'm not sure how to go completely dark but I did want to post my support of the anti-SOPA, anti-PIPA movement. 

What's going on, you ask?  I'm not the best one to address this but my understanding is that the Entertainment Industry (Hollywood) has asked bribed Congress into creating anti-Piracy laws to prevent the People from, well, stealing their intellectual property.

Sounds fair to me.

But the way the laws are written make it nearly impossible for the internet to remain free. 

I, for one, would no longer allow comments.

Why?  Because I would be legally responsible if you included copyrighted material in the comment section.

That's right.  I would have to CHECK and confirm that the comments were all ORIGINAL MATERIAL.

Yeah, not going to happen.

So call your Congresspeople today and ask them to actually understand the laws they are being bribed to write.

Or maybe to quit taking bribes and, you know, actually be a government OF the PEOPLE and FOR the PEOPLE instead.

To find congressional contacts go to http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Stepping off my soap box in 3....2.... 1

1 comment: