Sunday, November 6, 2011

November

It's November and at the Edge that means one thing.

It is time to gather forces for the War on Christmas.

The War lasts from the date of the first Christmas commercial through Thanksgiving.  I'm not much of a warrior - third spear carrier on the left, that's me.  But I get so tired of the commercials and the same old Christmas songs.  It seems like the advertising business just sucks all of the Holiday Spirit out of the Season.

So until Thanksgiving I make it my pledge to NOT purchase anything related to Christmas - no decorations, no tree, no wrapping paper, nothing.

The war isn't going very well this year. 

The Husband and I went to the Pompeii exhibit at the Museum of Science (it's a traveling exhibit and it's a good one - if you get a chance you should see it) and popping into the gift shop I found....

It's amazing!

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

I had to break my pledge.

It's a Velociraptor Christmas Tree Ornament!


Ta-Da!

The Soldiers of Perpetual Spending scored a victory today.

How could I resist?

[what does this have to do with Gardening or Nature?  Absolutely nothing.  But there is nothing much going on in the garden and there won't be until spring so I have to come up with something to blog about!  That's the other thing about November.  Time to switch from blogging about stuff outside to blogging about house plants.  I'd rather have a longer gardening season.]

No comments:

Post a Comment